Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Project 1: Portrait


This portrait stood out more than the rest of my portrait photography because of the story it tells. I also shot my one year old nephew, although it can be very hard to capture an emotion and tell a story with that emotion because of his age. I chose to have Juliana (the model) stand more to my right for two reasons. First, I was thinking about the "Rule of Thirds" and how boring the composition would be if she stood in the dead center of the road. I also knew that if she stood to the left of the road I would not be able to capture her shadows as well.

Corrections: I need to work on the levels in this photo...a lot. Because I shot her around noon, the sun was very intense. The shadows are very dark (especially around her face) and the highlights could be a little brighter. I do not need to crop this photo, although I do have some issues with pixelation (because the photo is so dark). I may need to work with a blur in order to correct this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment